Draft Agenda: Time 10:00am
1. Arrival/Registration & Opening Prayers – 9:30 -10:15
2. Welcome Introductions/ Remarks – Co- Convener 10:15-10:25
3. Focus of Follow-up Meeting – Convener – 10:25-10:50
4. General Discussions – 10:50-11:50
5. Goodwill Messages – 11:55-12:10
6. Summary Statement & Action Steps – 12:10 – 12:20
7. Vote of Thanks/Announcements – 12:20 – 12:30
8. Closing Prayers -1:15 – 12:35
Remarks from the Convener for Follow-up Peace Gathering – August 26th:
1. Brief Summary of July 22nd, 2017 Peace Gathering and Updates
2. Nine (9-Point Peace Agenda
3. Counting the Costs:
– What have we lost through these crises?
– What have we gained from the crises?
– What can we do together for the promotion of Peaceful co-existence?
– How can the trauma and wounds be healed?
– What next from here and beyond?
4. Promoting Peaceful Co-existence & Trust Relationship:
– What are the possible obstacles to peace building in our Community?
– What practical steps can we take to build trust and promote security in our communities/towns/villages?
– What practical steps can we take to promote peace-building through relationship-building between Christians, Muslims and others in our Communities?
– What is the role of government and security agents?
5. Cry for Justice: Conflict Prevention and Structures for Sustainable Peace
– Identify Specific Challenges to Sustainable Peace in Southern Kaduna
– Suggest Specific Solutions towards Conflict Prevention and Sustainable Peace Building
– Suggest Specific Mechanisms that will help in their Implementation
– Identify Specific Persons and Agencies to Bring Peace to Southern Kaduna
– Monitoring/Evaluation and Reporting of Progress & Way Forward
Closure of all the higher Institutions in Southern Kaduna State is a major issue which needs to be addressed with the reopening of the schools.
The Revd Gideon Para-Mallam
Regional Secretary (IFES-EPSA) Africa
Convener, August 26th 2017